Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Is Man The New Woman?



Asalam aleykum, my brother and sisters.

I don't know if you've noticed, but lately, alot of women are taking high power positions, all over the country. From Martha Karua wanting to run for President in 2012, Prof. Wangari Maathai wining a Nobel Peace Prize (Note: Kibaki & Raila didn't win, maybe because the whole thing was their fault...? I'm just sayin...) and so on.

Seriously, these days, every 5th car you see is being driven by a woman. So unless ther is a female driver boom in Nairobi, i think it would be safe to assume that women are becoming very successful.

No longer, will you find a woman, waiting for her man to come home. These days, it's the men that are doing the waiting. Imagine a man, waiting for his wife to come home from work, then asks her for money...

Note i am not a chauvinist. I actually believe in equality, but not in the way you're probably thinking. Equality, as in the man provides, while the wife takes care of the family.

You know, speaking as a person who's grown up in a single parent home... Okay my dad was/is there sometimes, but he's more like the guys who come for security money every month...

Women are truly turing out to be more successful than men. Despite all the hurdles. In the mean time, what are we men doing? Getting drunk, sleeping around... Not that i'm complaining, i love drinking, though i'm cutting back, and i love strong, dominant women. I'm a mama's boy, so i seriously don't see myself kicking it with some lazy ass chic... Real talk.

Militant out.

1 comment:

  1. Good place you have here. I like to think of me as headed in the successful woman direction, but I think at the end of it all, the role of the man remains. Sure I don't expect the man to provide everything while I spend my cash on shoes, but I expect him to provide leadership in the home.

    I don't think women are wired for leadership in the home scene. Thats my 0.002 cents on the matter.

    ReplyDelete